Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: This e-learning workshop is designed to meet the needs of both new and experienced users of dry ice.
The training contains information on:
- The working environment;
- Forms of dry ice - pellets, slices and blocks;
- Cold burns and their treatment;
- Correct selection of personal protective equipment;
- Carbon dioxide enriched atmospheres;
- Oxygen depletion;
- Storing dry ice correctly;
- Safe handling of dry ice;
- Shipment of goods refrigerated by dry ice;
- The need for a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor;
- Correct packaging systems;
- Safe transportation of dry ice and goods refrigerated by dry ice.
Delivered By: gassafetytraining.com
PrerequisitesOnce registered you will be emailed a link to access the course within two weeks. Please note this email will come separate from the 'Booking Confirmation' email. If you have not received the link within two weeks then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of this online training workshop learners will be able to:
- Appreciate the properties of solid carbon dioxide;
- Identify activities that require specific CO2 risk assessments;
- Describe the correct treatment for a cold burn;
- Appreciate how humans react in oxygen deficient situations;
- Recognise the potential hazards posed by a CO2 enriched atmosphere;
- Identify different types of personal protective equipment;
- Appreciate the need to comply with dry ice specific work procedures;
- Adopt correct storage and manual handling practices;
- When shipping by air, recognise the need to comply with protocols that meet the IATA requirements covering packaging and labelling;
- Appreciate the role of a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor;
- Appreciate the consequences of using incorrect packaging;
- Recognise the dangers of transporting dry ice in vehicles.