Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Teaching and Administrative Staff
The course takes place on MyPlace over a period of 7 days and participants are expected to engage with the class for around 3 hours during that time.
This session provides a self-paced tutor-supported introduction to MyPlace assessment and online exams. It highlights the most commonly used assessment activities - Quiz and Assignment - and the increasingly popular peer assessment activity - Assignment Workshop. It offers an overview of these activities and gives step-by-step instructions in how to create and manage them. The session also provides useful tips on best practice and optimising the academic integrity of MyPlace assessment activities within exam settings.
Learners are prompted to create their own playground site and build each activity to specifications as the class progresses. Practical exercises are provided to guide the learner through the class, and will cover the following points:
- How to create Myplace Quizzes, use the Question Banks, and work with different Question types;
- How to set up a standard assignment, and how to add a marking guide or grading rubric;
- How to create an assignment workshop, view the various phases, and manage the workshop activities from Set-Up to Grades Return.
The class also provides guidance on different types of coursework activities and discusses settings for a range of assignment usage cases.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Identify activities for creating Myplace e-assessments and online exams;
- Create Myplace Quizzes and add a variety of question types;
- Set up assignments and grading methods;
- Identify a variety of coursework activities
- Create an assignment workshop activity.
Delivered By: Education Enhancement Team