Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For academics/ECRs who are are interested in applying for the New Investigator Award or colleagues who would like to know more about this scheme.
In this workshop you will be presented:
- An overview of the New Investigator Award (NIA) with latest updates given by Dr Derek Craig, EPSRC Head of Regional Engagement for Scotland.
- Top tips from previous winners Dr James Carroll and Dr Phillipp Seib on how to make successful applications and the impact of this award on their career development.
- Insightful views from Professor Campbell Booth and Dr Alison Ramage on what panels look for in a successful application.
- RKES support to facilitate the applications
- To gain a clear idea of what the New Investigator Award is about, including the scope and nature of the scheme, eligibility, how to apply.
- To gain insightful information on the key elements to create successful applications.
- To be aware of what RKES support is available to facilitate the applications.
This course is a one off.
Please take a look of the New Investigator Award website
Please bring any questions you have for the speakers.
Delivered By: Dr Derek Craig, Dr James Carroll, Dr Philipp Seib, Dr Alison Ramage and Prof Campbell Booth