Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff involved in learning and teaching
Multiple choice questions (MCQs) can be an excellent tool for assessment, whether formative or summative. In this self-directed module you will explore how to avoid common mistakes in designing MCQs as well as techniques for using MCQs to evaluate higher order thinking skills such as judgement.
Course Outcomes/ Objectives;
- To understand common design issues in developing good MCQs
- To apply strategies for designing MCQs which assess higher order thinking skills
- To be able to deliver MCQs through MyPlace
- To appreciate the potential impact of negative marking
- To appreciate the potential impact of using MCQs for feedback
Self-directed online - https://classes.myplace.strath.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=26137
Delivered By: Dr Patrick Thompson Dr Rosanne English