Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For research & KE professionals; faculty/department/research centre/cluster administrators and bid officers
This workshop is designed to provide training and updates for R&KE managers, faculty/department administrators and bid officers with a focus on using Research Professional to manage research workgroups, promote targeted calls and facilitate bid development.
In this workshop you will learn:
- management of membership - user creation, editing user roles, archiving and deleting
- creating workgroups and editing content on start pages
- navigating funding database and constructing advanced searches
- creating funding email alerts and sharing resources
- adding and monitoring call annotations
- generating reports to tracking usage metrics
Course Outcomes / Objectives:
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- manage the institutional and relevant workgroup homepage on the Research Professional platform
- create or remove individual accounts and assign roles to each user based on level of discretion
- build and maintain a hierarchy of dedicated workgroups within the service that reflect and serve existing faculties and departments
- curate and share tailored resources at both the institutional and workgroup level using content found within the funding database and news service
- track various usage metrics for the service using reporting facilities
Please register your account on the Research Professional website and familiarise yourself with the content and structure of the database:
We are committed to ensuring our events and courses are accessible to all staff. If you feel you have a disability, health issue, or neurodivergent condition that may affect your ability to access, participate or engage in this course, please get in touch with us at email@example.com to discuss your specific support requirements.
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.
Delivered By: Sofia Vilja - Research Professional Client Services & Implementation Lead