Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: This course is restricted to Research Professional users from Faculty of HaSS and Strathclyde Business School
This webinar is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the features available to Research Professional end-users, with a specific focus on navigating the funding database and identifying opportunities relevant to your profile and areas of interest.
Please register your account on Research Professional website and familiarise yourself with the content and structure of the platform.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Navigating database using simple and advanced searches
- Managing and interacting with searches and database content
- Using network functions to increase visibility of your research within the institute and create collaborations
- Navigating the Funding Insight database full with insightful articles on grant application development and career move planning
- Searching for suitable opportunities in the conferences and events database
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Conduct quick and refined searches for funding opportunities that are relevant to your area of interest
- Save search criteria and set up automated funding alerts for new opportunities that meet your interests or needs
- Save targeted funding opportunities and create funding calendars
- Share funding opportunities within the platform and externally, using the Share and Download features
- Join workgroups tailored towards your faculty or area of research
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.
Delivered By: Sofia Vilja - Research Professional Client Services & Implementation Lead