Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: PGR Students
We introduce this vital subject in a highly interactive manner. And, while we won’t be dispensing onesize-fits-all, definitive answers we will be exploring some of the fundamentals and applying them to your experiences and situation, making it as practical and specific as we can.
The overall aim is to make this subject a lively part of your research; drawing the links between the everyday conduct of what you do, your efficacy as a researcher and the sustainability of a research career.
In this highly interactive, 1 day workshop you’ll learn about:
• The scope, severity and impact of breaches of research integrity
• The internal and external pressures that can lead to breaches
• Ways of alleviating those pressures and maintaining ethical conduct
• Strathclyde’s practices and policies
• The various guides and codes to ethical research conduct
• How to stay in integrity in your research and how this applies to you and your world
Delivered By: Jamie McDonald
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.