Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Any member of staff with a safety role who has a responsibility for the management of safety incidents.
Please note that this course is included separately in part 2 of the new Departmental Safety Co-ordinator training course. Where this course has been completed as part of the DSC training, this course does not require completion.
By the end of this training, you will understand:
- University Legal Responsibility
- Relevant Definitions in use within the University
- Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- HSE Reportable Incidents
- The ‘Domino Theory’ and 'Safety Pyramid’
- Incident Categories
- Incident Reporting and Investigation Process
- Why it is Important to Investigate Incidents
- Wider Benefits of Investigating
- SIRIS Report Completion
- The Incident Investigation Process
- The Interview Process
- Report Writing and S.M.A.R.T. Actions
- What information is required to write a Report
The training will enable participants to:
- understand the legal requirements for incident reporting and investigation
- determine the level of investigation required
- undertake an incident investigation
Delivered By: Safety, Health and Wellbeing