Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Students and staff with an interest in historical newspapers.
* Library courses can now be booked on the Library Training Calendar*
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about booking this course.
Join this new Skills Boost workshop to learn about Strathclyde’s collection of historical newspapers spanning the 17th to 20th centuries.
Newspaper articles can provide fascinating insights into the past. What were the big issues of the day? How were events reported at the time? How did different newspapers cover the same event? The Andersonian Library subscribes to a range of newspaper collections covering the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. This Skills Boost workshop will introduce the historical newspaper collections available to students and staff. The workshop will include demonstrations and practical advice about searching for historical newspaper articles.
By the end of the Skills Boost class participants should be able to:
- Describe the different collections of historical newspapers available from the Library
- Recognise how newspapers may be used as a source for historical research
- Construct a search to explore historical newspapers for a topic(s) of interest
- Contrast the coverage of a topic(s) in different newspapers
Delivered By: Library Services