Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Departmental Fire Safety Coordinators and Fire Marshals nominated by the Head of Department.
The aim of the course is to provide trainees nominated as Fire Safety Coordinators and Fire Marshals, the skills required to effectively and safely perform your role in your workplaces, and:
- An understanding of fire safety and why it is important;
- Training on simple and effective fire prevention measures;
- Instructions on what to do in the event of a fire;
- Information on the role of the Fire Safety Coordinator;
- Information on the role of the Fire Marshal.
- The Law
- Employer's duties
- Employee's duties
- Why is fire safety important?
- Understanding why fires start
- How do fires start?
- How fire spreads
- Raising the alarm
- Fire alert procedure
- Use of extinguishers
- Emergency fire action plan
- Persons with a disability
- Duties of a Fire Marshal
- Departmental Fire Safety Coordinator
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety management
Delivered By: Safety, Health and Wellbeing
PrerequisitesTraining should be undertaken upon your nomination for the role (of Department Fire Safety Coordinator and or Fire Marshal). Nominated staff are required to familiarise themselves with the current fire safety documentation (See Useful Links below) Refresher training should be carried out at least every three years thereafter.
This is a self-enrolment course. When accessing the course on Myplace, you must use the self-enrol function in the left hand column (on the Myplace page) before starting the course.