Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: PGR Students
Communicating effectively and persuasively to present and market your research to as wide a readership and as varied an audience as possible. This interactive workshop will help you get your written messages across all media to wider audiences with a dash of personality, clarity and targeted knowledge.
- Developed the creative confidence to write dynamic and effective writ- ten communications both online and offline to a variety of target audience.
- Learned about the importance of storytelling and story structure to make research meaningful to a variety of different audiences.
- Developed short and clear sentence and paragraph design to make research storytelling come alive.
- Discovered how to build on their personal creative and communicative strengths.
- Learned how to deal with writers block and negative emotions which hold us back from our natural styles of communication. Participants need to bring their laptops to the workshop.
Delivered By: Iain Davidson
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.