Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: staff undertaking scholarship, research, and innovation in higher and professional education
Pedagogy & Leadership in Higher Education
As part of the People, Place and Policy Research Theme (formerly Society & Policy), we are establishing a Pedagogy and Leadership in Higher Education sub-theme. Our overarching aim is to support staff undertaking scholarship, research, and innovation in higher and professional education. Through the subtheme, we hope to support colleagues to publish and make their scholarship more visible to peers within Strathclyde and outside. Ultimately we want to build a body of work that may eventually by eligible for submission to a future REF.
If you would like to help us shape this exciting vision we are holding an open discussion forum (with tea, coffee and cake) on Wednesday 21 June from 1pm to 4pm - SBS Cathedral Wing, Room 406 A&B
We are committed to ensuring our events and courses are accessible to all staff:
- Full access information for the venue is available via AccessAble
- Hybrid provision is not available
- There will be audience participation
- You are asked to attend the whole session
- There will be a break
- The session is relaxed – this means you can stretch, move around, stim etc.
- In line with current University health and safety guidance, attendees may wish to use face masks. The room will have either mechanical ventilation or passive ventilation (i.e. open windows)
- Digital copies of resources will be emailed to participants in advance of delivery upon request
- Contact [event organiser] to request printed materials in different formats
- Please contact email@example.com to discuss any further access requirements
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.
Delivered By: Anne Boyter and Debbie Willison, Professors of Learning and Teaching