Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic staff, particularly early career colleagues
This is an online open session designed to provide updates to academic researchers on the UK and international funding strategy, priorities and opportunities in the Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences research areas. Includes opportunities to ask questions. The webinar will also be used to support the application process for the next Fellowship Academy cohort.
This webinar will introduce to the UK and International Research Funding Landscape. In particular, it will offer an overview of the Humanities and Social Sciences Funding Opportunities, as well as Science and Engineering Funding Opportunities. Finally, it will focus on the Fellowship Academy 2023-24.
The course will be delivered by Academic and Professional Services (RKES and OSDU) staff, including:
- Prof Madeleine Grealy
- Prof Campbell Booth
- Prof Daniela Sime
- Prof Luke Chamberlain
- Dr Tony Weir
- Louise Virdee
- Dr Emma Compton-Daw
- Introduction to the UK and International Research Funding Landscape
- To learn about Humanities and Social Sciences Funding Opportunities
- To learn about Science and Engineering Funding Opportunities
- Introduction to the Fellowship Academy 2023-24
This is a one-off event, there is no wait list.
We are committed to ensuring our events and courses are accessible to all staff.
- The session will take place on Zoom
- Auto-captions will be enabled
- There will be audience participation
- You can keep your camera off
- You can drop into the session
- There will be a break
- The session is relaxed – this means you can stretch, move around, stim
- The session will be recorded
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any further access requirements
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* charge to your Department / School if you do not attend your place on the course. There will be no charge as long as you cancel your booked place before the event or notify our staff at email@example.com that you can no longer attend.
A Department / School is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary prerequisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you are expected to attend ALL parts of the course.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of a course of 1-day duration or less. For some courses, there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
Register in advance for this webinar:
Delivered By: Academic and Professional Services (RKES and OSDU) staff