Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
Participants will examine how to make a living that is aligned with their personal motivations, and consider business and enterprise from that angle. Business doesn't have to be about the pinstripe suits or Dragon's Den. Instead, we will explore the distinctive nature of social enterprise, as well as the challenges and benefits of running a business that is based on your own personal values.
By the end of this programme participants will:
- Heard from guest speakers about their own journeys to setting up values-driven organisations and projects
- Developed a greater understanding of their personal values and sense of direction and how these might fit with running a business
- Learned about core business functions, including thinking strategically, finding funding and getting the right people on board for their team
- Practiced problem solving, creative thinking, collaborative working and influencing skills
- Considered how their skills, creativity and self-reliance can translate into future opportunities - whether in their career or more widely.
Delivered By: Researcher Development Programme
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksTo find out more about the Researcher Development Programme, please visit:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.