Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff
For staff nominated to carry out manual handling assessments. Provides information and a step by step approach to the assessment of risks from manual handling activities.
This course is mandatory for all persons responsible for the assessment of risk from manual handling operations and to enable departments to comply with manual handling legislation and reduce their manual handling risks.
Aim of Training:
- To provide information on the structure and functions of the musculoskeletal system
- To raise awareness of the risks associated with manual handling activities
- To outline the legal framework and requirements for controlling manual handling risks
- To prove a step-by-step approach to the risk assessment process as applied to manual handling and give opportuity to carry out assessments and recommend improvements
- To demonstrate ergonomic techniques for safe handling
Delivered By: HTC Human Technologies