Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff who are needing an introduction to Project Management
The aim of this introductory course is to help you understand the principles and terminology of project management as well as giving you essential tools and techniques to help you scope, plan and deliver successful projects. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand key project management terms and concepts (part 1)
- Understand the key key roles within a project organisation (part 2)
- Understand the project lifecycle and gain an insight into writing a business case (part 3)
- Manage risks and stakeholders effectively (part 4a and 4b)
- Understand project management reporting what happens at project close down (part 5)
This course was recorded in May 2022 and takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
- Understand key project management terms and concepts
- Understand the key key roles within a project
- Understand the project management lifecycle and reporting
- Manage risks and stakeholders effectively
Delivered By: Evelyn Trearty, Business Change Manager
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.