Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
Participants will gain insight into strategies for developing the skills needed for a successful doctoral research degree and career.
A research degree, unlike an undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme, requires new levels of independence and performance, often with little guidance on how to develop the skills required to fulfil these expectations.
The workshop will give students the opportunity to reflect on the skills required in a doctoral degree and provide some prompts on how to plan their professional development and log progress against those plans.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Understanding and practice in identifying skills from a range of experiences
- Reflected on how to plan their skills development
- Understanding and practice in using the STAR technique to describe skills learning
- Confidence in their current skill level and understanding of how to attain their goal skill level
- An overview of sources of support available for their continuing professional development.
Delivered By: Vici Royle