Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Anyone new to writing reports, or who wishes to improve their skills in this vital area.
By the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Understand the five key steps involved in writing a compelling report.
- Identify the essential components of a report.
- Use a fun planning technique to quickly produce a structured report outline.
- Refresh knowledge of Plain English, good grammar and punctuation.
- Recognise examples of good and bad report writing.
- Practice techniques for improving report writing skills.
- Leave with an action plan for immediate implementation.
Delivered By: Organisational & Staff Development Unit
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.