Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff with line management responsibility
The aim of the briefing session is to discuss the impact of Sickenes Absence, review the causes of Sickness Absence and how to implement the Sickness Absence Policy in practice. By the end of this session you will:
- be aware of the impact of Sickness Absence to the University
- Understand the key principles of the University's Sickness Absence Management Policy
- Know when and how to effectively apply the Sickness Absence Management Policy in your Department
- Understand all parties responsibilities in the Sickness Absence Management Process
- Understand the role of the Occupational Health Service and how to use the service
Delivered By: Organisational and Staff Development Unit
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.