Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For academics / researchers managing projects
This full day practical workshop will look at the tools and techniques used in managing research projects which will build processes and structures that support project delivery. You should bring your own unique challenges for discussion.
- Explore different project management approaches, methodologies, tools and techniques when managing research projects
- Effectively define the scope of a project including the delivery of outputs and impact and to manage expectations across project participants
- Utilise key planning, risk management and monitoring tools to effectively plan and manage the delivery of projects
- Explore working on collaborative research projects
- Identify your own challenges in managing research projects and identifying ways to overcome those
Delivered By: Robin Henderson, My Consultants Ltd.
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.