Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For those who would like to gain an overview and awareness of the key aspects of working with external industry partners
This practical 4 hour workshop is for academic, research and knowledge exchange leaders who would like to gain an overview and awareness of the key aspects of working with industry organisations to advance research and/or knowledge exchange activities. You will come away with an understanding of strategies, drivers and values that influence negotiations with industry organisations as well as an understanding of how to target and engage industry audiences.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand the differences between industry and academic business planning and development cycles
- Appreciate the role of performance measurement systems in driving strategy and financial planning
- Understand the multitude of organisational forms and the impact on decision making structures
- Appreciate industry organisations innovation systems and strategic planning cycles
- Analyse industry sectors and their approaches to performance management and strategy development
Delivered By: Dave McKay, Alterity
Useful LinksOther workshops in the Working with Industry Series
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.