Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For those who would like to gain an overview and awareness of the key aspects of working with external industry partners
This practical 4 hour workshop is for academic, research and knowledge exchange leaders who would like to gain an overview and awareness of the key aspects of working with industry organisations to advance research and/or knowledge exchange activities. You will come away with an understanding of strategies, drivers and values that influence negotiations with industry organisations as well as an understanding of how to target and engage industry audiences.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand the differences between industry and academic business planning and development cycles
- Appreciate the role of performance measurement systems in driving strategy and financial planning
- Understand the multitude of organisational forms and the impact on decision making structures
- Appreciate industry organisations innovation systems and strategic planning cycles
- Analyse industry sectors and their approaches to performance management and strategy development
Delivered By: Dave McKay, Alterity
We want our events to run at full capacity to ensure value for money and to get the most from group interactions and discussions. Cancelling attendance at a course should only be done as a last resort (some of our events are delivered by consultants and we would incur a high fee if we need to cancel events based on low numbers). Demand is high for our events with many having a waiting list and when a booking is made, others are turned away on the strength of that booking. If you have to cancel an event we would appreciate as much notice as possible (at least 48 hours), and this can be done via the "go to my bookings" link on the right.