Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For those who would like to gain an insight into consultancy and develop skills in this area
This one day workshop will focus on awareness of what consultancy is and development of skills within this area. Academics can be expected to work as a consultant as part of their KE activities. This workshop will explore this role further focussing on the principles of consulting and relationship management. The aim of the workshop is to enhance your practice, being able to confidently and effectively work within the context of applied research.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand consultancy as an academic activity
- Understand the principles of consultancy practice
- Have explored the value of consultancy as a knowledge exchange activity
- Have examined linkages between research and consultancy
- Appreciate how to develop consultancy activities
- Understand the role and importance of relationship management in the success of consultancy activities
Delivered By: Dave McKay, Alterity
We want our events to run at full capacity to ensure value for money and to get the most from group interactions and discussions. Cancelling attendance at a course should only be done as a last resort (some of our events are delivered by consultants and we would incur a high fee if we need to cancel events based on low numbers). Demand is high for our events with many having a waiting list and when a booking is made, others are turned away on the strength of that booking. If you have to cancel an event we would appreciate as much notice as possible (at least 48 hours), and this can be done via the "go to my bookings" link on the right.