Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: PhD Students, Staff, Researchers and Library staff
The session will showcase Scopus in a live demonstration with some hands-on examples for participants, providing tips and tricks on usage and how to use some of the more advanced functionalities which can be applied for literature review e.g. Some specific topics that will be covered include:
- Brief introduction to Scopus and its content
- Advanced search tips to in-depth literature searches, how to analyse and export information
- How to stay up to date in your field: How to personalize Scopus and set alerts to save you time finding relevant information
- How to view the citation trend for a set of documents, find all publications citing a specific document (or set of documents) and discover the overall impact of publications in a research area.
- Author Search and ORCID - Cleaning up your Author profile: Why it is important and how to find leaders in specific research areas and future collaborators /competitors on your topic
- Author level metrics: H-index: Often requested as part of researcher profile information and why it should be used with caution
- Article level metrics / Alternative metrics
- Quickly see the main journals, disciplines and authors that publish in your area of interest
- Review the work and citations of other authors
- Track research trends and make connections within or across disciplines
Delivered By: Michaela Kurschildgen, Customer Consultant, ScienceDirect-Scopus-Mendeley, UK & Ireland