Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Strathclyde staff including academics, teaching staff, researchers and staff on knowledge exchange contracts
This short series of 4 zoom sessions will provide practical ways to the Strathclyde staff members in tackling racism on campus.
Course Outcomes/ Objectives;
Attendees should be able to:
- Learn and share best practice among HE educators
- Reflect and use an anti-discriminatory lens to critique and self-check their teaching and learning practices
- 20 April 22- Anti-racist Higher Education: Meeting with two of Strathclyde’s anti-racist activists- https://bookings.strath.ac.uk/Home/Course/6014
- 27 April 22 - Developing an anti-racist approach to teaching with Catriona Cunningham (University of Stirling).- https://bookings.strath.ac.uk/Home/Course/6015
- 24 May 22 - Making our educational settings racially inclusive spaces with Khadija Mohammed (University of West of Scotland).- https://bookings.strath.ac.uk/Home/Course/6016
- 29 June 22- Anti-racist Higher Education: Developing an anti-racist approach to teaching regardless of discipline.- https://bookings.strath.ac.uk/Home/Course/6017
Please follow links to book your place
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.
Delivered By: Saima Salehjee – along with Melanie Smith, Ranjit Das, Catriona Harris and Khadija Mohammed.