Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Any staff members in HaSS or SBS who are involved in research and would like to write for The Conversation
This is a live online event.
Are you an academic or researcher in HaSS / SBS who would like to build a media profile and take your research to a global public audience by writing for The Conversation?
The Conversation is a news analysis and opinion website with content written by academics working with professional journalists. It is an open access, independent media charity funded by more than 80 UK and European universities (see more on its audience here).
This 15-minute one-to-one session with one of our editors is tailored to you and your research. It will allow you to discuss in more detail any particular ideas for articles you would like to write for The Conversation.
Use the session to:
- Receive advice on the best angles for turning your research and expertise into articles.
- Discuss potential pitches.
- Talk around your subject area looking for a potential angle you might have discounted or missed.
- Receive actionable, personalised feedback on how to communicate your research to a general audience.
Please note that you need to pick a specific timeslot for your 20-minute one-to-one editor chat on the 7th December 2023 on the right-hand side.
This will be a personal meeting between you and an editor from The Conversation, so please make sure to be on time for your slot and cancel via the booking system if you can no longer attend.
If you’d like to learn more about The Conversation first, please feel free to join our introductory ‘Writing for The Conversation’– more information here;
A separate dedicated session of editor one-to-one chats for anyone working in research in Engineering or Science is available here.
We are committed to ensuring our events and courses are accessible to all staff.
- The session will take place on Zoom.
- Auto-captions will be enabled.
- There will be audience participation.
- You are asked to keep your camera on.
- You are asked to attend the whole session.
- The session is relaxed – this means you can stretch, move around, stim etc.
- Digital copies of resources will be emailed to participants in advance of delivery upon request.
- Please contact email@example.com discuss any further access requirements
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* charge to your Department / School if you do not attend your place on the course. There will be no charge as long as you cancel your booked place before the event or notify our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org that you can no longer attend.
A Department / School is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary prerequisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you are expected to attend ALL parts of the course.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of a course of 1-day duration or less. For some courses, there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
Delivered By: The Conversation Team